Where to Find Us:
Chief William Carl (President)
SSG Wilfredo Vasquez
Cpt James Albert (2nd Vice President)
SSG Brian Sorrels
SGT Frank Kerr (Assistant Ops Officer)
SrA Matt Renner (Treasurer)
SSgt Erica Florio (Secretary)
CSM James Reginald Burch (Sergeant at Arms)
Please complete the online application form. "Voting Memberships" are open to groups consisting entirely of veterans such as VFW, American Legion, MOAA, and the ROA. If you do not fit in this category, please check the "Associate Member" box.
Then, mail your annual membership dues to our mailing address:
Collier County Veterans Council
527 107th Ave N
Naples, FL 34108
You will be contacted once your application has been registered. If you would like to introduce yourself to the Council, please contact us to have your name place on the upcoming meeting agenda. If you have immediate business for our attention, we will add it to the agenda as well.
Veteran Suicide Prevention
If you, or a veteran you know, may be thinking of contemplating suicide please call The Veterans Crisis Hotline at:
1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
or go to their website at:
Helpful Suicide education is also provided here.
“Suicide doesn’t stop the pain. It just transfers it to someone else!”
Purpose of the Council
- To uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Florida, to respect the flag of the United States of America, and honor both past and present members of the United States Armed Forces.
- To advance the interests of and work for the betterment of veterans.
- To cooperate with the United States Veterans Administration and other agencies devoted to the cause of improving and advancing the conditions, health, and welfare of veterans and their families.
- To provide a transportation system to transport veterans with appointments to VA hospitals, clinics, and any other facilities that are appropriate for the benefit of veterans and their dependants.
Powers of the Veterans Council
- The Council shall have all the common law and statutory powers of a Florida corporation not-for-profit which are consistant with these Articles as they, form time to time, may be amended and including but not limited to:
- Fix, levy, and collect dues.
- Pay all expenses in connection with all office and other expenses incident to the conduct of the business of the corporation.
- Ensure this organization will, at all times, avoid any conflict with other veterans' organizations.
- Direct all activities to be prohibited from partisan politics.
- Encourage the organization to act as a forum for any program or issue that would be of interest to the welfare of veterans and their families.
The voting members of this corporation shall be veterans' organizations active in Collier County and duly registered with the State of Florida.
Voting rights are reserved to memberships in good standing. Organization will be represented by a designated delegate and alternate(s) to act in the absence of the
Associate members may include Auxiliaries of Organizational Members, philanthropic and fraternal organizations who share the goals of the Council. Associate membership shall not convey voting rights and shall not entail any requirement for payment of dues.
Chief William Carl Biography
(Left to right: Chief Willaim Carl and SSG Freddie Vasquez)
William "Black Knight" Carl
Chief Carl recently retired after a combined tenure of over 30 years of active duty and reserve service. His career included 7 combat tours to Iraq while attached to two deployable tactical units, U.S. Coast Guard Port Security Unit 307 and USCG Redeployment Assistance Inspection Detachment Teams 10 and 11.
He is the recipient of the Army Meritorious Service medal among dozens of other ribbons and awards. His duties included a variety of tactical combat leadership duties such as: Surveillance and reconnnaissance of enemy post positions, intelligence and reporting threat engagements, force protection measures, contingency planning, critical team coordination, and maritime security patrols. Chief Carl is a member of several military groups including the Coast Guard Combat Veterans Assn., American Legion post 135, VFW, AMVets, ROA, FRA, and the ESGR.
Those interested in the Collier County Veterans Council can can contact him at (239) 370-5428 or send him an email to WCARL1722@aol.com.
CCVC Board of Directors
Left to Right: Chaplin Steve Hayes, Matt Renner, Sarah Cox, Frank Kerr, Brian Sorrels, James Burch, James Albert, Wilfredo Vasquez, TBD Naples Mayor Bill Barnett. ***Photo Credit Heather Corace
Executive Board Members
William C. Carl
Wilfredo "Freddie" Vaszquez
|2nd Vice President||
Assistant Operations Officer
Sergeant at Arms:
Pastor Steve Hayes
Executive Board Members (Non-Voting)
Collier County Veterans Service Officer:
|Veterans Careers :||